My research domain is software engineering, more precisely software evolution, reengineering, and language design. As Kent Beck writes:
Succession is the price of success.
The needs of the design evolve.
I’m interested in making tools to better understand existing software, and to (pro)actively support its evolution though more expressive or simpler programming tools:
- Reverse-engineering, analysis, and visualisation techniques for program comprehension;
- Development tools and more expressive language constructs to build understandable and evolvable programs.
This builds on my previous experience in model-driven engineering and software architecture, and in the context of RMoD, I follow these interests in the perspective of modularity, remodularization, and dynamic languages.
Main Conferences and Publication Outlets
Here’s a quick list of the main conferences & journals I submit to:
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, OOPSLA, ECOOP, ICSE, ASE
- Reengineering & Maintenance
- ICSM, WCRE, CSMR
- Tools, Language Design, Models
- Elsevier COMLAN, TOOLS, ESUG/IWST, UML/Models, LMO (french)
Journées IDM & GDR-GPL, 2011
University of Lille 1 organizes the journées IDM & génie de la programmation et du logiciel, a francophone event on model-driven engineering and software engineering in Lille, 7–10 june 2011. I’m responsible for maintaining the website.
Inria Lille organizes the 9th Benevol seminar in Lille, France, on the 16–17 december 2010. I’m a member of the organizing committee and responsible for the website.
Programme Committees and Peer Review
- Smalltalks 2010
- International Symposium on Software Composition (SC 08)
- International Conference on Dynamic Languages (ICDL 2007), part of the 15th International Smalltalk Joint Conference
I’ve been a (co-)reviewer for a number of international conferences and journals1:
- Elsevier COMLAN
- CSMR 2006 and 2007
- ECOOP 2007
- ICPC 2010
- ICSM 2010
- MODELS 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010
- Software Composition 2009, 2010
- Tools 2009, 2010
- WCRE 2006, 2009
National publications (in French):
Events and Presence
Conferences and Talks
- October 13–16, WCRE, Lille, France
- August 31–September 4, ESUG, Brest, France
- July 1–3, TOOLS, Zürich, Swiss: conference talk for the paper Reusing and Composing Tests with Traits
- August 25-29, ESUG, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- February 23–24, FOSDEM’08, Brussels, Belgium: lightning talk on Squeak
- January 30–31, Moose dojo, Bern, Swiss
- August 25–31, ESUG, Lugano, Swiss
- July 10, University of Lugano: presentation of the Package Blueprint visualization
- March 21–23, CSMR, Amsterdam, Netherlands: conference talk for the paper Towards A Process-Oriented Software Architecture Reconstruction Taxonomy, best paper award
- March 13, Inria, Bordeaux, France: presentation of my current works to the Phoenix research group
- February 23, LIFL, Lille, France:
visiting Laurence Duchien from the Jacquard research group
- February 9, Lirmm, Montpellier, France: presentation of my current works to the D’OC research group
2006 and Before…
- ESUG 2006, Prague, Czech Republic
- ECOOP 2002, Malaga, Spain (workshop speaker)
- the french conferences LMO and OCM(Objets Composants et Modèles) 2002
- UML/Models 2001, Toronto, Canada (conference paper speaker)
Informal and Local Involvment
I represent RMoD in the Lille subgroup of the Action IDM (Ingénierie Dirigée par les Modèles), and at the CUMI (Commission des Utilisateurs des Moyens Informatiques), which coordinates IT choices at Inria.
That list is not exhaustive, there are a few reviews made during my PhD that I did’t keep track of.↩